Online Banking Security
Online Banking is accessed through a Secure Socket Layer (or SSL), meaning all data transmitted to or from the bank’s computer systems is encrypted and your money and privacy are protected. Several firewalls exist to prevent unauthorized access to the system and ensure your information is accessible only with an Internet Banking ID and PIN.
In addition to the security features put in place by Farmers Bank and Trust, you can help protect yourself by taking the following actions to stay safe and secure your information:
- Be aware of suspicious emails asking for your personal information.
- Never provide any personal information such as Social Security number, account number, usernames or passwords over the phone or the internet if you did not initiate the contact.
- Do not use personal information as your username or passwords.
- Create hard-to-guess passwords that include upper & lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Change your passwords frequently and don’t reuse the same passwords across accounts.
- Always sign out or log off of your online banking sessions.
- Avoid using public computers and Wi-Fi to access your online banking accounts.
- Ensure your computer has the most recent anti-virus software and is being updated daily.
- Ensure your computer or mobile devices have the latest software version.